Jobs & Careers with Bayou Shuttle Service
Are you looking for a summer job, or perhaps a rewarding career. Bayou Shuttle Service a proud department of Bayou City Adventures, INC is an equal opportunity employer with lots of potential for growth and advancement.
To apply for any of the following positions, please send your resume along with the position desired to: email@example.com
Positions Currently Available:
- Assistant Tour Guide: The assistant tour
guide position is the starting point for all individuals that
are interested in moving up to be a full fledge tour guide.
- Description: The assistant tour guide will assist the main tour guide on the tours. They are responsible for assisting customers that may get stuck, carrying boats, taking pictures, towing boats, and much more.
- Requirements: Basic First Aid and CPR is required to work on the water with Bayou Shuttle Service. Heavy lifting is required. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bonus: An assistant tour guide can take the test to become a full tour guide at anytime once the basic requirements are met.
- Tour Guide: The tour guide is the main
person in charge of a tour. They know all the history and are
the reason the tours are so much fun.
- Description: The tour guide is responsible for all the same things as an assistant tour guide. What makes the tour guide stand out is their knowledge of the history and their ability to educate their customers.
- Requirements: Basic First Aid and CPR is required to work on the water with Bayou Shuttle Service. Heavy lifting is required. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. You must be able to demonstrate a vast knowledge of paddling and the history of Houston.
- Bonus: The only way to become a tour guide is to start as an Assistant Tour Guide.
- Boat Loaders: This is a great position for
someone who is just looking for a few hours a weekend to work.
- Description: The boat loaders are responsible for carrying boats from the water to the trailers. Their main objective is to make sure the guides have a chance to recover after their paddle to prepare for the next tour.
- Requirements: Repetitive Heavy lifting is required. You must be able to lift up to 60 pounds over and over again.
- Shuttle Driver: The shuttle driver is the
key to making everything run smoothly.
- Description: Shuttle drivers will travel up and down the paddle trails assisting customers load their boats onto the trailers. They will transport customers and their boats to the various put in and take out spots along the paddle trail.
- Requirements: Basic First Aid and CPR is required. You must have a clean driving record and have the ability to demonstrate proper motor vehicle operations with a trailer. Some lifting is required. You must be able to lift with assistance up to 50 pounds. CDL is preferred.
- Booking Agent: The booking agent is the
source for many customers to find happiness on the water.
- Description: Similar to a travel agent, the booking agent will assist customers in planning their tour, shuttle, or rentals. They will arrange large groups and be the point of contact for the customers.
- Warehouse Manager: The warehouse manager is responsible for keeping everything behind the scenes organized. They handle maintenance on the vehicles, trailers, and all equipment.